Purpose and Impact
At Spencer Stuart, we discover and develop leadership for a better future. As leadership consulting and executive search professionals, we understand outstanding leaders drive business performance. Through our portfolio of services and deep industry, functional and geographic expertise, we help our clients find complex and integrated solutions to address evolving leadership needs at a global scale. We are known for working collaboratively and executing with discipline, with expertise spanning senior-level executive search, board recruitment, board effectiveness, succession planning, in-depth senior management assessment, employee engagement, culture shaping, merger integration and organizational effectiveness. With unrivaled access to leading executives around the world, Spencer Stuart works with a wide range of clients, including multinational corporations, entrepreneurial businesses, private equity firms, family-owned companies and nonprofit organizations. Earning a seat at the table, we provide the insight organizations need to build and enhance high-performing boards and executive teams who make a real difference in their organizations.
History and Key Facts
Spencer Stuart has more than 60 years of experience in leadership consulting. We have built a reputation for delivering real impact for our clients around the world. Spencer Stuart operates as a privately held partnership and has become one of the largest global executive search and leadership consulting firms with:
- 70+ offices in over 30 countries with more than 50 practice specialties
- 2,400 colleagues around the world from diverse professional and personal backgrounds
- Leading-edge capabilities that we continue to augment. In 2019 and early 2020, we expanded our offerings in leadership development and culture and added new capabilities in employee engagement and HR talent and advisory with the acquisitions of several Aon business units (now known as Kincentric, a Spencer Stuart Company) and Cambria Consulting.
At Spencer Stuart, we have a long-standing commitment to diversity as evidenced through our partnerships, initiatives and achievements:
- Our diversity partnerships include WomenCorporateDirectors, Paradigm for Parity, the 30% Club, Chief Executive Women, KPMG Connect on Board, Lean In, Diligent Corporation, MLT, and the C200
- In 2020, we hired Wanda Felton as a consultant for the Boards Practice to advise and help us advance diversity in the Board room
- Also in 2020, 62% of our U.S. Board Placements were women or BIPOC
- Annually, our team places more than 1,000 diverse candidates into key executive positions
Equally dedicated to driving results for clients and caring for our team, we pride ourselves on fostering a special culture, one where relationships, insight, excellence, curiosity, global spirit and humor are highly valued. Our brand, reputation, professional platform and career trajectory are incredibly compelling for talented individuals who desire to grow and develop in a distinguished professional-services firm.
Analysts at Spencer Stuart are responsible for producing industry and/or functional analysis reports in support of search engagements, internal meetings and new business initiatives. This includes competitive information, trends across sub-sectors and target company list development. The analyst provides analysis and conclusions to be incorporated into client-ready documents. Over time, it is expected that the analyst will develop industry expertise by maintaining an awareness of industry trends and “best in class” leaders/future leaders.
Financial Services Practice
The Financial Services practice is one of the firm’s largest, most successful, and globally integrated practice areas. Representing nearly one-fifth of the firm’s worldwide client base, the Financial Services Practice is staffed by experienced industry practitioners around the world.
Global Banking & Markets
Modest industry growth, a challenging global economic environment and increasing regulatory requirements are redefining financial markets. In light of increased scrutiny from regulators and investors alike, senior banking professionals must demonstrate a strong commitment to risk management and transparency while still driving revenue growth.
Our dedicated global team of consultants is fluent in the myriad issues affecting the industry and helps clients find seasoned professionals who are capable of excelling in this rapidly evolving environment.
Please visit our www.spencerstuart.com for additional information on the GBM Practice at Spencer Stuart.
We are eager to hear from recent and soon-to-be graduates passionate about exploring professional services opportunities within the field of leadership consulting.
Successful candidates will be self-directed, independent and able to proactively address the needs of the practice. In addition, they will demonstrate a passion and ability for performing critical research and communicating their findings clearly and cogently. They will be graceful under pressure, enjoy fast paced environments, and be excellent multitaskers.
Specific experience should include:
- Recent university graduate or up to two years of business experience in a relevant professional services environment
- Strong academic performance is required (3.4+ GPA) and while all majors are welcome, a degree in business or human capital is preferred
- Well-roundedness demonstrated though leadership experience in internships, work experience, community service, athletics or roles in student-led organizations
- Advanced research, analysis and synthesis skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and proactive in nature; resourceful, team-oriented and tenacious
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- In possession of work authorizations necessary for the country in which you are applying
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with other high-end professional services firms.
Spencer Stuart is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
In order to be considered for this role you must complete an application on Spencer Stuart’s website. We will not be able to consider your candidacy unless an application is received.