As the world’s leading office furniture company, we strive to provide the best experiences for employees to thrive in the workplace.
This outstanding role offers an incredible opportunity to work with our new CEO (a Yale alumna), Chief of Staff (COS) and C-Suite.
As part of the experience, we believe you will love the opportunity for regular 1:1 meetings with our CEO and the opportunity to attend executive level meetings! Are you passionate about the challenge of owning ambiguous problems while leading strategic projects from start to finish? Using your creativity, analytical, and communication skills, you will help us drive growth and transform the future of work.
What we’re offering:
A once in a lifetime experience to learn alongside our first female CEO!
We believe you’ll love the exposure to how a senior leaders (c-suite) think, conducts oneself in meetings and makes strategic decisions.
- Opportunities to learn from and about the role of Chief of Staff
- Ability to gain industry insights and skills from the Corporate Strategy team, who will gladly provide a collaborative environment.
- Meaningful impact in a progressive, global organization
- A top-tier corporate wide internship program crafted to provide numerous opportunities for learning and collaboration from all levels of the organization
- A highly collaborative and inventive culture with phenomenal spaces
What you bring:
Critical Thinking: You thrive on analyzing situations using lateral thinking and structured problem-solving.
Business Judgment: You have a knack for discerning and summarizing what matters and an ability to quickly understand sophisticated business situations.
An Eagerness to Learn: You want to increase your business knowledge.
Initiative: innate drive to work hard and go above expectations
Communication Skills: You demonstrate strong written and presentation skills and can effectively partner with senior executives. You can synthesize the most vital elements of information.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather insights and drive progress on projects
- Research and analyze data to extract relevant strategic insights
- Manage work plans and build deliverables for your own individual project and team workstreams
- Engage in team discussions and events
We seek a current junior who will graduate in Spring 2023 (or December 2022) with a strong record of academic excellence and extra-curricular leadership.
Recruiting Info & Process (will mirror Corporate Strategy):
Expected Internship Duration: 10-12 weeks
Salary Range – ( $22-28/hr or $11,000- $14,000) **based on # of college credits & # of previous internship experiences
Additional Financial Perks: Relocation & housing/transportation subsidy (covers housing)
For consideration, please submit: Your resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position by September 17th, 2021.
- application submission,
- video screen,
- interview (1/2 case, behavioral),
- 2nd interview w/ strategy leadership (75 minutes = 1/2 case, 1/2 behavioral),
- final interview with Chief of Staff potential chat with the CEO
**For top candidates who go through 2nd round interviews and are not selected, we will try our best to match your interests to other open internships within the organization.
Built on over 100 years of insights, Steelcase is the global leader in improving how people work, heal, and learn through a comprehensive portfolio of furnishings and services for the workplace, healthcare, and education. Learn more here.
We are a global company with over 12,000 employees around the world. Our employees are our greatest asset, and we are committed to integrity and doing the right thing for our customers, employees, business partners, and the environment. Steelcase is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion.
FYI: We are proud to have an inclusive workforce, and we’re always looking to get better. We value applicants who are comfortable interacting with people different than themselves. Women, people of any race or national origin, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people, veterans, working mothers and fathers, and everyone else is all encouraged to apply.
We seek to find the best person to fill this role and will not discriminate based on race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by law.