This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker’s engineering team: HTTPS://WWW.STRYKERCAREERSBLOG.COM/POST/8-REASONS-TO-JOIN-STRYKERS-ENGINEERING-TEAM
Who we want
CHALLENGERS. People who seek out the hard projects and work to find just the right solutions.
TEAMMATES. Partners who listen to ideas, share thoughts and work together to move the business forward.
CHARISMATIC NETWORKERS. Relationship-savvy people who intentionally make connections with both internal partners and external contacts.
STRATEGIC THINKERS. Interns who propose innovative ideas and consistently exceed their performance objectives.
CUSTOMER-ORIENTED ACHIEVERS. Individuals with an unparalleled work ethic and customer-focused attitude who bring value to their partnerships.
GAME CHANGERS. Persistent interns who will stop at nothing to live out Stryker’s mission to make healthcare better.
What You Get Out of the Internship
Stryker, a global leader in medical technology takes great pride in their people, and that’s why we’re looking to expand our talent. As a result, we are looking for the best and brightest students to strengthen our team and drive our business going forward. Stryker Engineering interns will get to:
- Impact the development and manufacturing of cutting edge products
- Gain experience within a fast paced and growing industry
- Apply classroom knowledge in a fast-paced and growing industry setting
- Implement new ideas, be constantly challenged, and develop your skills
Packaging Engineering interns at Stryker, will:
Work to develop innovative packaging to meet design requirements based on ‘voice of customer’ input. Interns will be responsible for developing and maintaining a packaging system for our new product pipeline as well as commercialized product. They will work with cross functional teams to support packaging design changes from a sourcing, operations, quality and regulatory perspective.
The intern will work with an experienced team including of engineers including, but not limited to, Principal, Senior Staff, and Senior Engineers to build their knowledge and execute on the requirements for packaging design as outlined in ISO11607-1.
If you are passionate about making healthcare better for customers and changing patients’ lives through developing user focused packaging, this role is for you!
Major Targeted: Packaging Engineering
What You Need
- Currently working on completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Packaging Engineering or equivalent; we will only consider students who plan be enrolled in a degree-seeking program after the summer
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above; must be the case at the date of hire and also will be verified during background check in the spring
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require employment-based sponsorship now or in the future.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at HTTPS://CAREERS.STRYKER.COM/REFERRALS/