Paid, Part-Time Remote Position
Use your teaching, curriculum or standards expertise to further our mission in providing quality climate change resources for all!
*You do not need to be a current teacher. All disciplines and grade levels are welcome to apply.
*We are specifically in need of non-science teachers to help with content development.
Who we are:
SubjectToClimate (StC) is a nonprofit online connector for K-12 teachers of all subjects to find credible, unbiased, and engaging materials on climate change. Learn more about us at https://subjecttoclimate.org/.
Why we need you:
We know teachers are leaders for climate change. The Teacher Taskforce works at the heart of what we do: to build a platform by teachers, for teachers.
As part of the Teacher Taskforce, there are many ways to contribute.
- Process resources, tag our existing educational materials by writing synopsis, teaching tips, etc.
- Create accessible lesson plans (StC lessons) that incorporate climate-related teaching resources into all disciplines
- Build and curate content to inspire teachers to think of them as the agent of climate action and social change
- Explore creative ways to engage students in climate-related discussion and action with a variety of resource types and topics
- To support teachers in tagging resources with the appropriate standards. Needs familiarity with any one of the following standards:
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- College, Career, and Civic Life (C3) Standards
- Common Core English Language Arts Standards (CCSS.ELA)
- Common Core Math Standards (CCSS.Math)
- National Core Art Standards
More? We are all ears! Let us know how you would like to contribute.
What we offer:
Not only will you be part of an inspiring group of people from all over the US and abroad, but we also offer:
- Training and support to develop skills that will enhance your resume
- Opportunities to collaborate with professionals in a wide network
- Flexible work schedule
- Financial compensation at $20/hour. As both a nonprofit and a startup, we are grateful for any volunteers who are able to support our mission
- Academic credit for graduate students