Job Description: The Associate Project Manager supports the daily operations of the Horizon Academic Research Program, a selective online enrichment program offered by the company which focuses on helping high school students to create independent research projects by pairing them with professors and academics in leading global universities. More information about the program can be found at www.HorizonInspires.com
Role: Part Time, 15-17 hours per week (flexible hours)
1. Editing student draft papers when requested (from a composition and writing perspective; subject area expertise is not expected).
2. When paper editing request volumes are high, assigning and coordinating paper editing work among other colleagues.
3. Gathering and analyzing feedback data from students and instructors as a student progresses through the program.
4. Tracking student progress through the program.
5. Assisting students in accessing paywalled academic journal articles.
6. Coordinating meeting times between instructors and students.
7. Serving as an editor for the program’s academic journal which publishes top papers that students have completed in the program.
The Associate works directly with C-level leadership at the company. In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, the Associate will have the opportunity to create and pilot improvements to the way the program is run in the future.
Compensation: $25 per hour
Location: Remote, but must be located inside in the US or Canada