Job Description: Do you enjoy talking to people and have an eye for detail? Are you a strong and versatile writer? Are you knowledgeable about China? Are you interested in learning about trends in virtual and augmented reality, education technology, and international student mobility? Do you enjoy using social media? Did you enjoy writing research papers in university? If so, please read on.
Sunrise is currently seeking a remote full-time Project Manager. Project Managers split their time between supporting our current clients, coordinating efforts of our teams based in the US and China to complete client projects, as well as playing a supporting role in contributing to our white papers, reports, and conference presentations that help us to generate new business development inquiries. The role entails a mix of responsibilities and functions:
1. For accounts or clients that we assign you, acting as “air traffic control” for the completion of deliverables for clients, coordinating workflows of our design, IT, research, and business development teams to ensure that projects are completed on time.
2. For accounts or clients that we assign you, acting as the primary point of contact between the company and the client, answering day-to-day questions the client has for us and leading regular status calls with the client to share updates.
3. Contributing to the management of the company’s social media presence, generating posts and content relevant to e-commerce and digital marketing in China, Chinese international student mobility, and education technology in China.
4. Composing white papers, blog articles, and ad copy relating to these topics, leveraging large proprietary data sets about education technology and student mobility in China.
5. Supporting the research team in creating commissioned reports for clients.
6. On an ad-hoc basis, editing or proofreading documents created by our Beijing office.
Start Date: ASAP
Company Overview: Sunrise International is a VR/AR software provider, a research and marketing firm focusing on China, and an experiential education services provider. Our clients range from leading VR/AR/XR tech companies, more than 250 universities and edtech companies, and thousands of individual families whose high school students participate in our education programs. Our fully remote US-based team contributes to our efforts from 12 states, periodically uniting for major tech, marketing, and education industry conferences or for meetings in our Jersey City office. Meanwhile our team in China works out of our Beijing office, supporting our cross-border marketing and education clients.
Sunrise’s VR/AR business unit focuses on creating Virtual Reality tours of university campuses and Augmented Reality holographic advertising campaigns. We host the Augmented World Expo Asia, the largest Augmented Reality conference in China and the Asia affiliate of the global AWE conference.
Our China-focused cross-border marketing and research work focuses on supporting universities, edtech firms, and VR/AR companies. We help Chinese companies in our industries to go global, and we support international companies and universities in entering the Chinese market. Our services range from creating broad long-term strategies, informed by bespoke research reports, to more granular assistance in creating social media campaigns, building websites, hosting events, and managing PR efforts.
Finally, our education business consists of three prominent experiential education brands: the National High School Debate League of China (the largest and oldest English debating league in China), the China Youth Business League (which pioneered the use of the case analysis method for high school business education in China), and the Horizon Academic Research Program (which supports a primarily American group of 300 students each year in creating academic research manuscripts by pairing them together with professor and PhD research advisors at globally recognized universities).