As an Analyst on SIG’s Research team, you will partner with our senior analysts and traders to identify investment opportunities in the equity and options markets. Research analysts provide in-depth company analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will be responsible for finding opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalizing on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective. Analysts are embedded in a sector-focused trading desk and work collaboratively with traders who rely heavily on the analysis you provide to make trading decisions.
At SIG, we place a high value on education and development, especially for recent graduates. You will experience this dedication to training firsthand as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to gain the practical exposure needed to perform your daily responsibilities. You will also participate in classroom education where you will learn about options and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
To learn more about the program and the role, visit https://www.sig.com/campus-programs/research/ and http://bit.ly/2x6TYDm
What You’ll Do
- Identifying and analyzing catalyst events for the stocks or sector under coverage
- Performing stock valuation analysis
- Collaborating with derivative traders on investment ideas
- Providing real-time opinions on breaking news
- Forecasting dividends
- Evaluating special situations such as mergers and acquisitions and other corporate actions
- Traveling to company events and conferences as required
What We’re Looking For
- Students in the last year of their bachelors or master’s degree looking to start a full-time job upon graduation
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Prior exposure to fundamental company research strongly preferred
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
- Will not require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- A 9,000 square-foot gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines, plus yoga and indoor cycling classes
- Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events in Philadelphia
- On-site Wellness Center staffed with full-time Nurse Practitioner
- On-site services such as barber, dry cleaning and laundry, auto repair and detailing, and ATM
- Opportunities to give back to the community through SIG sponsored events and donation drives
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm. We commit our own capital to trade equities and derivatives, including options, futures, and ETFs, as well as commodities, bonds, and other financial products around the world. SIG is a place where smart, analytical people work together to trade profitably in today’s markets. Our traders, quants, developers, and systems engineers work closely together for the continuous development and improvement of our trading strategies. Each employee brings something unique to the table, and we all strive to make optimal decisions in the dynamic environment of the financial markets.
** We do not post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.