SIG’s Sales & Trading Internship introduces you to our unique approach to trading as part of a growing client business. As an S&T intern, you will be introduced to the financial markets through practical experience on our ETF trading desk – among the largest and busiest on the Street – and through formal education in a classroom setting.
You will be on a client-focused team consisting of sales traders, analysts, and derivative traders. On the ETF desk, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the fastest growing segment of financial services, the four trillion dollar Exchange-Traded Funds industry. In addition, you will learn about capital markets, asset management and US market structure. As a member of a full-scale trading operation, you will experience various facets of the business through hands-on job training and real-time interactions with our analysts as they monitor the markets and identify opportunities, with our traders as they price securities and manage risk, and with our sales team as they interact with clients and trading partners.
The ten week summer program serves as our primary source for hiring full-time roles within our Sales & Trading group.
The ETF success story is one of unprecedented growth that has significantly exceeded that of every other asset management category in the last decade. SIG is one of the largest ETF liquidity providers globally, and we have been leaders in the marketplace since the inception of the first ETFs over 20 years ago.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong quantitative skills along with demonstrated analytical ability
- Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner and resourceful problem solver
- Initiative, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize are essential
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Strong passion/interest in the markets and investment management business
- Enjoy networking and cultivating relationships
- Interest in learning about investment products and services, as well as general investment and securities concepts
- Will not require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future
- Intention to graduate with a bachelor’s or master’s degree within one year of the internship program
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- A 9,000 square-foot gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines, plus yoga and indoor cycling classes
- Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events in Philadelphia
- On-site Wellness Center staffed with full-time Nurse Practitioner
- On-site services such as barber, dry cleaning and laundry, auto repair and detailing, and ATM
- Opportunities to give back to the community through SIG sponsored events and donation drives
To learn more, visit A Day in the Life of an ETF Sales Trader.
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with a growth mindset and an analytical approach to decision making. As one of the largest proprietary trading firms in the world, we improve the financial markets by providing liquidity and ensuring competitive prices for buyers and sellers. We bring together the brightest minds, the best technology, and the most expansive library of data in the industry to design and implement quantitative trading strategies that make us leaders in the financial markets. Beyond trading, SIG is active in global private equity, structured capital and institutional brokerage.
**We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.