As a Macro Analyst on SIG’s Research team, you will partner with our senior analysts and traders to identify investment opportunities in the index, ETF and options markets. Research analysts provide in-depth country and sector-level analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will be responsible for finding opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalizing on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective. The macro analysts are embedded with the Index trading desk and work collaboratively with traders who rely heavily on the analysis you provide to make trading decisions.
This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
At SIG, we place a high value on education and development, especially for recent graduates. You will experience this dedication to training firsthand as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to gain the practical exposure needed to perform your daily responsibilities. You will also participate in classroom education where you will learn about options and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
To learn more about the program and the role, visit https://www.sig.com/campus-programs/research/
Specific Job Duties Include:
- Identify actionable trading opportunities across country or sector ETFs/Indices
- Monitor global economic events and offer analysis of their implication for financial markets
- Analyze sector or industry-wide events, identifying groups of companies that may have exposure to a particular developing situation
- Provide real-time opinions on breaking news
- Forecast international dividends
- Evaluate special situations such as elections, referendums , trade disputes
- Some travel may be required
- Students in the last year of their bachelors or master’s degree looking to start a full-time job upon graduation
- Strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Background in international relations/macro-economics; Prior exposure to fundamental company research preferred
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- Working knowledge of all major asset classes (e.g. fixed income, equities, commodities, forex) beneficial but not required
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
- Will not require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- A 9,000 square-foot gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines, plus yoga and indoor cycling classes
- Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events in Philadelphia
- On-site Wellness Center staffed with full-time Nurse Practitioner
- On-site services such as barber, dry cleaning and laundry, auto repair and detailing, and ATM
- Opportunities to give back to the community through SIG sponsored events and donation drives
In order to apply and learn more about our opportunities, visit www.careers.sig.com
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with a growth mindset and a rigorous analytical approach to decision making. We bring together the brightest minds, the best technology, and an expansive library of data. Only by tapping into our diverse perspectives and our commitment to education, can we truly reach our potential. This ability to think together (but not always alike) has propelled our success. We’ve got winning down to a science.
WHAT WE DO
Committing our own capital, we develop trading strategies to buy and sell financial instruments on exchanges around the world. By building virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch, we are able to stream billions of quotes per day. Our traders, quants, and technologists work side-by-side to implement our proprietary trading strategies, making us leaders in the financial markets.
**We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.