SIG’s trading internship is a unique opportunity to learn about quantitative trading. Our interns work on a trading desk in the morning and afternoon, but they step off the desk daily to receive classroom education in trading and decision science. The combination of desk and classroom training provides interns with the best preparation possible for careers in quant trading. Students with a STEM background will learn how SIG uses decision-science, game theory and technology to make trading decisions. The goal of the program is to provide interns with a deep exposure to trading, so they can decide if it is what they want to pursue full-time.
· Free housing is provided and conveniently located near SIG at the University of Pennsylvania
· Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
· Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
· A 9,000 square-foot gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines, plus yoga and indoor cycling classes
· Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
· Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events in Philadelphia
· On-site Wellness Center staffed with a full-time Nurse Practitioner
· On-site services such as a barber, dry cleaning and laundry, auto repair and detailing, and an ATM
· Opportunities to give back to the community through SIG sponsored events and donation drives
In order to apply and learn more about our opportunities, go to www.sig.com/campus.
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded with a growth mindset and an analytical approach to decision making. We bring together the brightest minds, the best technology, and the most expansive library of data in the industry. Only by tapping into our diverse perspectives, can we truly reach our potential. At the end of the day, by thinking together we achieve winning results.
What we do
Committing our own capital, we trade financial products around the globe. We improve the financial markets by providing liquidity and ensuring competitive prices for buyers and sellers. Working collaboratively and leveraging each other’s strengths, we build virtually all of our own trading technology from scratch to implement our quantitative trading strategies that make us leaders in high performance, low latency trading.
*We do not post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.