This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
BRING YOUR PASSION, YOUR IDEAS AND YOUR POTENTIAL:
T-Mobile’s Home + Entertainment Legal Affairs team (HELA) is looking for an intern for the Summer of 2021. Working with HELA means rolling up your sleeves and disrupting the status quo with a team that has your back every step of the way. This is a 10 to 14 week paid learning experience providing legal advice to support T-Mobile’s Home + Entertainment division. As a member of HELA, you will primarily partner with the Content Partnerships team, but also may have the opportunity to work on some of T-Mobile’s wireless and internet initiatives. The Content Partnerships team is responsible for structuring, negotiating, drafting and implementing a portfolio of licensing agreements giving T-Mobile the necessary rights to distribute programming content (linear channels, video-on-demand libraries, video-related applications etc.) in the US.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN YOUR ROLE:
As the only intern for the HELA team in 2021, you will primarily assist HELA’s members with:
- (1) drafting agreements, amendments and term sheets;
- (2) advising on legal and regulatory compliance issues;
- (3) summarizing contractual rights;
- (4) preparing correspondence and presentations;
- (5) participating in internal and external meetings, and
- (6) a variety of other special projects and opportunities.
You will be expected to contribute thoughts and inputs and work alongside mentors who will push you to be your very best. Through challenging substantive work, you will participate first-hand to the un-carrying of the pay-tv industry. Thus, if you pride yourself on excellence, have a passion for media and technology (and/or already is a TVision fan), and are not afraid to raise your hand, apply today and help us disrupt “Big Cable” and “Satellite TV” (aka America’s #1 most hated industry) on behalf of customers everywhere. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Currently enrolled in an ABA accredited law school in the Denver greater area (1L or 2L)
- Documents to be submitted: CV/Resume and Law School Transcript (unofficial)
- Highly motivated, proactive starter with a passion for learning and a focus on working in-house
- Collaborative outlook with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical skills
- Demonstrated attention to quality, details, and correctness
- Strong organizational skills allowing you to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Familiarity or previous work in the pay-tv (cable, satellite or OTT) or telecommunication industries
- Familiarity or previous work for any major US programmer (e.g., NBCU, Disney, Viacom, Turner etc.
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position who is based in Colorado is generally paid starting at $17.00 – $40.00 per hour based on multiple factors (_The successful candidate’s actual pay will be based on various factors, such as work location, qualifications, and experience, so the actual starting pay may be above or below this range.)_T-Mobile U.S. Inc. (NASDAQ: TMUS) is America’s supercharged Un-carrier, delivering an advanced 4G LTE and transformative nationwide 5G network that will offer reliable connectivity for all. T-Mobile’s customers benefit from its unmatched combination of value and quality, unwavering obsession with offering them the best possible service experience and undisputable drive for disruption that creates competition and innovation in wireless and beyond. Based in Bellevue, Wash., T-Mobile provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile, Metro by T-Mobile and Sprint. For more information please visit: http://www.t-mobile.comEQUAL
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.”