Taptap Send is VC-backed (Canaan, Reid Hoffman, and several others), etc., rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, Morocco, Vietnam and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels, and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100“.
We are looking for an extraordinarily driven individual to help us hire star candidates from engineers to marketers to operations gurus and deliver a first-class candidate experience. You are self-motivated, highly autonomous and a go-getter who will go above and beyond to get things done. You possess innate startup grit and the ability to juggle many balls and wear many hats. You thrive in a continually evolving and fast-paced environment.
- Source strong candidates via sourcing, job posts, referrals and agencies
- Screen candidates with an eye for company values and strong skills
- Lead scheduling and coordination of recruitment activities
- Leverage our ATS, Lever, to track candidate progress through the funnel, resurface existing talent, and keep consistently clean data for reporting
- Communicate with outside recruiters and sourcing partners
- Support hiring managers to enable their teams to follow best practice recruiting processes
- Find opportunities to improve candidate experience and scheduling efficiency
- Help close candidates by answering questions and communicating the TTS value proposition
- Deliver an amazing candidate experience, showcasing the values of Taptap Send, regardless of outcome
- 2-6 years recruiting experience, with at least good chunk as a technical recruiter
- Experience working with startups
- High ambition, self-motivation and passion for our vision
- Polished communication skills (both clear and friendly!) and incredibly persuasive
- Demonstrated ability in multitasking, prioritizing and meeting tight deadlines
- Amazing ability to stay organized with solid attention to detail and great follow through. Hundreds of candidates each month? No prob!
- Adept ability to be flexible
- Time management skills that help you handle it all
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Excellent professional judgment and decision-making skills
- Experience working with an ATS
Benefits (specifics depend on geography)
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Generous PTO
- Private health insurance
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, training, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
Taptap Values represent the core of who we are:
- Impact first.
- Team next.
- Accept reality, propose solutions.
- Win with grit.
- Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
- Love the particular.
- Own it.
- Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.