Taste | Senior Software Engineer
Taste is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the founding team in NYC!
We’re helping amazing restaurants manage this incredibly difficult crisis. We’ve built and are quickly scaling a marketplace for Fine Dining at Home experiences so foodies can get their favorite restaurant experiences at home. For restaurants, we’re bringing large orders to help them through this tough and unique period.
The initial team is a group of passionate ex-Google and Tesla engineers, and we’re looking for a senior software engineer to join us. You will be working directly with the founders to scale our marketplace and save more restaurants.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Design complex mission-critical backend systems that perform at scale
- Create dynamic pixel perfect web UIs
- Build intelligent systems that interact with the real world and have impact on real people’s lives, including algorithms to optimize routing and streamline delivery operations
- Key qualifications:
- Loves amazing food and passionate about saving restaurants!
- Experience building, deploying, and maintaining systems at scale
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science
Nice to have:
- Experience reducing NP Hard problems to other NP Hard problems
- Prior experience with Django, statically typed Python, HTML, CSS, JS
- Experience with developing and running large scale distributed storage systems, service oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
- Familiarity with geospatial datasets and services, such as maps, local search, points of interest and business listings data, mobile device location and GPS traces.
Taste’s mission is to bring premium food to everyone and everywhere. Today, Taste is helping restaurants thrive in these tough times by offering unique tasting menus to customers on delivery. Our customers get a fine dining at home experience with food cooked by Michelin Star restaurants. Our team is from Google and Tesla and has previously built 3 multimillion dollar companies. We are based in NYC.