Founded in 1971 and based in Los Angeles, TCW is a leading global asset management firm with more than four decades of investment experience and a broad range of products across fixed income, equities, emerging markets and alternative investments. Through the MetWest and TCW Fund Families, TCW manages one of the largest mutual fund complexes in the U.S. TCW’s clients include many of the world’s largest corporate and public pension plans, financial institutions, endowments and foundations, as well as financial advisors and high net worth individuals. As of March 31, 2020, TCW had total assets under management of $212 billion. TCW is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, London, Milan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Sydney.
TCW sponsors a summer internship program for undergraduate and graduate students desiring to pursue a career in asset management or a related field. Along with the valuable learning experience the interns gain with their assigned groups, TCW arranges a program of events designed to enhance the summer experience with us. Interns enjoy opportunities to meet directly with some of our senior executives, attend classes/lecture series led by key investment personnel at our firm, and enjoy networking events. The summer intern program typically runs from mid-June through mid-August, approximately 8-10 weeks.
For summer 2021, we have two internship positions in our Direct Lending Group based in our New York office. The Intern will be responsible for supporting the monitoring of existing portfolio company positions, assisting in the internal processes required to diligence new deal opportunities including financial modeling, financial statement analysis, and performing industry research. The Intern will also be responsible for time sensitive project work, other general market research and internal organizational tasks.
· Perform company and industry research, organize and summarize findings
· Assist in spreading monthly financials, analyze business trends, track financial performance relative to covenants and prepare investment memos
· Support senior team members with database tracking and reporting of marketing and deal activity
· Support Group through preparation of ad hoc reports and projects.
· Junior-level student in the undergraduate program working towards a BS/BA
· Relevant course work in finance or accounting, or investment due diligence experience in a bank, finance company, investment bank, private equity or asset management environment
· Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Strong writing skills
· Professional attitude and strong work ethic
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent organization skills, with ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities and meet deadlines
· Team player – effectively works with others
EOE, including disability/vets. Please visit www.tcw.com for more information.