What We’re Looking For:
As an engineering intern focused on frontend development, you will play a critical role in shaping our customers’ experience. This is a unique opportunity to join our founding team, having the ultimate creative space to see our ideas brought to life while building fast and intuitive products. We are looking for a scrappy builder/hacker who enjoys solving problems and working with a globally distributed team.
In this role, you will work on everything across prototyping, application development, API integrations, and browser-specific animation tweaks. Your responsibilities will include researching, guiding, and executing all phases of frontend development, from architecture and design to implementation and upkeep. We are looking for someone that has the vision and grit to take an idea from paper to code, and help the world techstep forward. Come build with us!
As an intern, this is an opportunity to explore whether techstep is a good fit for you after graduation! We look forward to reading your application.
What You’ll Do:
- Research, guide and execute frontend interfaces (preferably in React)
- Help brainstorm and develop specs for new product features and services
- Work closely with a core team across engineering, product marketing, and design Responsible for implementing core product and dashboard
- Work on an OS database and various data structures (integrations with APIs)
- Help put tools, processes, and documentation in place to improve code quality
- Fix bugs fast and take your time to solve hard problems well
What You’ll Need:
- Enrolled in an accredited university/college program, currently at least in your junior year
- Passion and curiosity for learning new technologies and systems
- High attention to detail and a strong sense of project ownership
- Prior experience at a start-up, a plus!
Have some but not all of our qualification requirements? No problem, send us your resume and a brief explanation of why you would be good fit for our team. Rules are made to be broken!