We are looking to hire an investment research analyst for a two-year pre-MBA position. The primary responsibilities include building and maintaining financial models for our current and prospective investments, as well as global financial and operational benchmarking of various industries and companies. Additionally, the analyst will assist the research team in conducting deep dive investigative research on our investments, including extensive desktop research, data analysis, surveys, and customer interviews with the goal of deeply understanding customer needs, competitive dynamics and corporate cultures.
Candidates should demonstrate deep interest in the business world and past experience at digging thoroughly in all directions of a broad research project. We are looking for someone who will get the job done while looking for ways to add additional value to a project.
Given COVID-related concerns, the position will begin entirely remote. However, ideally the candidate will be based in or around NYC for when we can safely return to the office.
Requirements: 2+ years of investment banking, consulting, private equity or other investment management experience; strong financial modeling and analysis skillset
Priority will be given to demonstrated self-driven, high-achieving independent thinkers.
Please answer the following questions along with your resume and cover letter:
· Describe a situation in which you had to take an unpopular stance.
· Describe a research project that was the most difficult to complete and how you overcame various challenges.
· What is it about investing that interests you?
· If you could meet anyone for an hour, who would you want to meet and what would you ask them?
· What are your favorite companies for long-term investment and why?