Position Summary: Terray Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Data Scientist. As an integral member of our computational team, the candidate will be responsible for analyzing data from our wet-lab platforms, developing and improving algorithms, and working closely with the wet-lab team to develop cutting-edge computational tools. The position will report to the Head of Computational and Data Sciences.
The core responsibilities of this job will be:
- Implementing new algorithms to analyze data from our imaging, decoding, and screening platforms
- Develop an efficient infrastructure for large scale analysis of processed data
- Develop tools for visualizing extremely large and complex datasets of images and molecules
- Develop quality control tools for tracking relevant wet-lab criteria over time
- Work with wet-lab scientists to understand their needs, develop prototypes, and transform them into easily digestible user interfaces
Experience and Qualifications: Given the company’s size, anticipated growth and fast-paced environment, the organization requires a data scientist who is thoughtful, high energy and can partner with the broader organization to further enhance our next generation drug discovery capabilities.
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized and free to be creative.
- BS/MS/PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Applied Math, or related quantitative field
- Highly proficient in Python and the PyData stack (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with distributed data analysis and large-scale data visualization (PySpark/dask, EMR)
- Proficiency in Linux environment, experience with database languages (e.g., SQL), and experience with version control practices and tools (Git)
- Familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, EC2, Batch, SageMaker)
She/he will exhibit the ability to work well under pressure to provide results in a short timeframe. The company is looking for a highly responsive, goal-oriented individual who will bring significant energy and drive to solve complex technical problems and help us achieve our mission to advance human health.