Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
As a Design Engineer, you’ll architect new TI products and make our customers’ visions a reality. You’ll define, design, model, implement and document analog, digital and/or RF integrated circuits (ICs). And, you’ll have the opportunity to work in exciting areas like audio, imaging, high-speed, interface, clocking, medical, high volume linear, automotive, storage, power supply, battery management, linear power and many more.
Analog Design Engineer
You’ll architect new TI products and make our customers’ visions a reality. Define, design, model and verify integrated circuits, with the opportunity to work in a lot of exciting areas and with industry experts. To accelerate your development and give you a breadth of experience and exposure early on, you will be provided with several different work experiences over the first 24 months that will help you learn the life cycle of a product design. Understanding the various aspects of product development will help you become a better designer.
The purpose of the Analog Design program is not only to prepare you for your first design role within the company, but to provide you with a broad foundation of experiences and skills which will serve you well throughout your entire career at TI.
You will spend time in a design team – with focus on pre-silicon activities like verifying a design, understanding layout and learning design tools. You will also have an opportunity to work with post-silicon activity – such as design validation, test and failure analysis. This is a great way to take knowledge from your degree courses and see and learn how designs work in the real world. At the end of this program you will be ready to hit the ground running on your own designs!
As a Design Engineer, some of your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Partnering with business teams and system engineering to develop mutually agreeable design specifications
- Providing high-level analysis on chip architecture trade-offs to ensure spec compliance and optimal performance at a competitive cost
- Participating in design reviews and creating the necessary design and product documentation
- Supervising IC layouts to ensure a high-performance standard
- Characterizing prototypes, developing test specifications and coordinating with test/product engineering to drive product releases
- Driving behavioral models
Put your talent to work with us as a Design Engineer – change the world, love your job!
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Minimum Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.