Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the program
This is your chance to innovate a better world. In our challenging and collaborative Applications Engineer Rotation Program, you’ll get to use your technical and creative engineering skills while gaining valuable experience working with real customers and real products on solving real business problems.
Applications Engineers at Texas Instruments (TI) are a highly-motivated, synergistic group with great team spirit and a strong commitment to the customer. In this role, you will promote TI products and provide technical solutions to customers that will ultimately go into consumer products like smartphones, PC peripherals, personal medical devices, electric cars, e-bikes and much more. You’ll also provide technical support and engage with customers to help define new products and opportunities for future product development.
As a program participant, you’ll work on breakthrough technologies through two six-month assignments which could be within a variety of business unit (product line) organizations.
Rotation Assignments are available in two main areas:
- Business Unit Applications, where you will build expertise in one of our product families by helping define and release new products and support our customers through their design cycles.
- Systems Engineering, where you will build expertise in end equipment systems by learning industry needs & trends, solving customer design challenges, and converting opportunities.
Rotations are hands-on, technical and problem-solving focused with the goal of helping you to create compelling solutions and win business for TI. Every day can look different due to the variety of customers you will engage with!
At the end of your program, you’ll become a member of one of our applications teams, where you will have direct responsibility for understanding the product group through the eyes of the customer and solving problems to gain share within our customer accounts.
And it doesn’t stop there. You’ll be mentored along the way by the best and the brightest engineering minds and take part in customized learning opportunities. You may have the chance to travel to TI sites and customer facilities within your region of the world, and gain meaningful experience working directly with global team members and customers. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in content publishing, develop training materials, and/or teach and share knowledge broadly through TI.com.
Put your talent to work with us in our Applications Engineer Rotation Program – change the world, love your job!
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, BioMedical Engineering or related field
- Minimum cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- A basic understanding of schematics and layouts
- A basic understanding of digital components (microcontroller, embedded processor) and/or analog circuitry (examples include: Op-Amps, DC/DC power, Data Converters, sensing, etc.)
- Programming skills in C/C++ and/or LabView
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, along with soldering and debugging skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to build lasting, influential relationships, both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Ability to influence decisions through a sense of urgency and competitive drive
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.