Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Environmental, Safety, and Health (ESH) Specialist interns will receive significant projects related to their Environmental, Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Ergonomics studies that are challenging and beneficial to the ESH organization.
Environmental Specialist interns may work issues related to storm water, wastewater treatment, air quality (including greenhouse gases), waste management, resource conservation, and contamination remediation(including groundwater). Most projects will include workingunder and in compliance with environmental regulations.
Safety Specialist interns can work on several different projects with different safety aspects related to the development, testing, and production of semiconductors, including chemical, electrical, and construction safety. Projects would include assessing potential safety risks and developing a plan or solution to mitigate the risk.
Industrial Hygiene Specialist interns will often have projects related to assessing the impact that a particular job function or work environment could have on the health and wellbeing of an employee. Most projects would include assessing potential physical or chemical exposure risks and methods to mitigate those exposures.
Ergonomics Specialist interns work on projects that are related to ergonomics risks in the work environment at TI. Those projects can range from assessing risks in a normal office environment to very complex ergonomics risks that are unique to the semiconductor manufacturing process.
Intern projects often include the following responsibilities:
• Collection and analysis of data to assess potential risks to human health and the environment.
• Working with TI manufacturing or facilities personnel to understand the various manufacturing processes and the hazards associated with the process.
• Using data collection and monitoring equipment the field including, dosimeters, samplers, data loggers, field chemicaltesting kits, etc.
• Responsibility for the design and analysis of arise mitigation solution including equipment and testing
• Conducting feasibility studies
• Review of all applicable laws and regulations
• Reviewing and estimating costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs
• Research and develop unique and innovative solutions to mitigate ESH risks that are required while working within theunique operating requirements at TI.
Put your talent to work with us as an Environmental Safety and Health Specialist Intern – change the world, love your job!
• Currently pursuing a degree in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Industrial Safety, or Ergonomics.
• Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to build strong, influential relationships
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.