Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Are you an early technology adopter and want a glimpse of the latest products before anyone else? The Technical Sales track of our FAST (Field Applications & Sales Training) rotation program may be a fit for you. This 7-month experience is built to accelerate your evolution from diligent student to technical sales professional. Technical Sales Engineers are responsible for the customer strategy, development, and execution of an overall business plan. You will be able to combine your technical skills with sales and marketing skills to maximize customer opportunities, with the goal of winning all ICs on a project. Leverage your relationships and business acumen to convert won ICs into revenue and business for TI. Technical Sales Engineers work directly with customers, use market knowledge and insights from our digital platforms and online communities to bring TI technologies to next-generation innovations around the world. Join our sales and applications team and be a part of defining the next generation of technology with our customers.
Trying to find your niche? Our rotation programs are a great way to explore different career avenues and find your perfect match. The Technical Sales Track of the FAST Rotation Program is a challenging and competitive program that offers real-world experience in several roles, providing an excellent foundation for career growth and advancement. During the program you will receive professional development opportunities, mentoring and program curriculum.
A Technical Sales Engineer role was the starting place for many of TI’s top leaders. You’ll be on the front line at TI throughout multiple sales-related rotation assignments in a field sales office, product marketing and sales operations to help prepare you for a career in technical sales. This experience aims to teach Technical Sales Representatives how to build and manage customer relationships, and how to influence decisions to grow TI’s revenue. The track includes three rotations:
• Rotation 1 – Field Sales Office (FSO): This 3-month rotation integrates your with a local TI sales team, offering first-hand experience of TI’s sales process. You will partner with customers and internal teams to uncover and win every possible customer opportunity, and also leverage our one-of-a-kind virtual account system to learn how to find, define, and win opportunities in a mix of real-time and simulated environments.
• Rotation 2 – Product Marketing: This 2-month rotation focuses on the relationship between sales and a particular product line. This rotation helps you understand product life cycles, road map development, marketing approaches, and ways to collaborate with product marketing to win at the customer.
• Rotation 3 – Sales Operations: This 2-month rotation provides first-hand experience working with the pricing and customer service teams. Focus areas for this rotation include pricing models, supply chain functions, price negotiation, and an overview of pricing guidelines, laws, procedures and tools.
Upon successful completion of this track in the FAST program, rotators are welcomed as Technical Sales Representatives in TI’s Americas Sales & Applications team. These roles will be located at one of our Field Sales Offices across the United States such as Santa Clara, CA; Southfield, MI; Bellevue, WA; Waltham, MA; Austin, TX; Richardson, TX, etc.
Technical Sales Representatives responsibilities include:
- Using technical expertise, various sales tools and relationships with engineering teams to identify projects
- Managing and quantifying leads, and managing the commercial aspects of customer relationships
- Developing, forecasting and monitoring an annual plan for revenue growth
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or relevant degree
- Minimum cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Ability to effectively balance strong technical skills with solid relationship-building capabilities
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people across various functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.