Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for an Industrial Engineer to be responsible for evaluating and supporting our manufacturing operations.
• Maintain capacity modeling data integrity via engineering change control monitoring, frequent communication with tool owners, and data analysis
• Improve and maintain discrete event simulation model
• Perform “what-if” analysis on business changes to identify best business opportunity
• Identify opportunities to improve cycle time and get full tool entitlement
• Identify tools/moves requirement to support starts mix changes due to business need
• Support cost analysis requests to determine new tool upgrades, purchases, or layouts
• Support fab operations in reduction of non-value added steps by tools such as value-stream maps (VSM), statistical analysis, & simulation
• Maintain dispatching solution for a dynamic factory
• Maintain & upgrade material movement systems/processes
• Ability to interact across multiple groups (production specialists, manufacturing supervisors, engineers, managers, etc)
Qualifications – External
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or other related field
• Minimum of 3.0/4.0 GPA
• Ability to work in clean room environment wearing smock
• Ability to initiate activities to support fab goals and drive results
• Ability to work and interact equally with all fab disciplines and all levels of the fab organization
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
• Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Ability to manage a flexible work schedule to support a dynamic 24/7 manufacturing environment
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.