Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
IT Services provides the infrastructure that will drive business growth, agility, innovation, process excellence, customer experience & global reach for TI. IT Services is strategically positioned to be the engine for TI’s growth. The organization supports TI’s applications and technology infrastructure for the company’s critical design, sales, manufacturing, finance, operations and security functions.
When you join the IT Services organization, you will broaden your perspective and learn the IT organizations and cultures, and build a strong network and develop cross functional skills. You will gain exposure to the variety of IT roles by having meaningful assignments from the start- because nothing beats real-world experience.
IT Interns at TI have the opportunity to gain experience through different functions across IT such as:
- Support the design, construction and implementation phases of a system and or upgrade project
- Apply skills to help solve problems for various business partners
- Equipment automation and overall factory management
- IC and software design engineers, and
- Finance and Operations / Marketing / Supply Chain
- Design, develop, and implement software for front-end, back-office applications, or database systems.
Infrastructure & Security Specialist:
- Plan, manage and support client/server databases, client/server systems for both on-prem and cloud-based services
- Develop, provision and monitor security controls, defenses/countermeasures to prevent and detect attempts to infiltrate company email, IP, e-commerce and web-based systems.
- Plan, design and implement local and wide-area network solutions using multiple platforms and protocols
- Mainframe system and application provisioning/support using JCL, TSO, ISPF and Assembly/COBOL programming languages
- Develop automation solutions to drive next generation factories
- Research and identify opportunities to integrate applications and data to create innovative solutions for evolving manufacturing processes
- Apply AI/machine learning on data sets generated by manufacturing and design systems to gain insights to improve operations and productivity
- Evaluate, test, and recommend applications and tools to improve existing processes or increase productivity
- Learn business context from operational perspective to understand how complex data is analyzed and used at TI to improve product development/delivery/quality and to enhance customer experience
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Currently pursuing BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS/CIS, Information Technology, Information Systems with optional emphasis/minors in Networks, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Electrical engineering, Manufacturing engineering, Industrial engineering
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0/4.0
- Basic understanding of programming (Python, C, C++, Java, PERL, HTML, SQL, COBOL), web development and scripting
- Basic understanding of Networks, Operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix) and Databases (Oracle)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Working well in a team environment is imperative in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Good listener and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.