Manufacturing Process / Equipment Engineer – Manufacturing Rotation Program
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
TI’s Manufacturing Engineers are technical leaders who get to work in the world’s most advanced manufacturing facilities. We bring the company’s breakthrough innovations to life by manufacturing technologies that are literally changing the world.
TI Process/Equipment Engineers are responsible for all aspects of a wafer fabrication process including tool selection and process definition. They assist with the installation, modification, upgrade and maintenance of the manufacturing equipment. This includes process setup and technician and operator training. This position will use data to make intelligent improvements to overall fabrication process and will be responsible for understanding all aspects of the process performed. This includes the interaction of the process to other fab processing, enabling accurate product dispositions of non-conforming product. Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others and conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects/schedules.
In this semiconductor fab engineer role with TI’s worldwide manufacturing organization, you will be responsible for engineering process optimization efforts to achieve fab cycle time goals. You will interface with various modules, in addition to yield, product and integration teams, to resolve issues that limit yield performance.
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0/4.0
- Currently pursuing a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Physics or Electrical Engineering
- Support teams in addressing fab module projects
- Provide progress reports on tools, processes and goals
- Identify and manage priorities
- Plan across various groups and building collaborative relationships
- Understand customer demands and the impact of actions
- Project management that results in the timely execution of actions that resolve issues
- Compile and evaluating test data to determine appropriate limits and variables for process or material specifications
- Work with equipment vendors to sustain and enhance equipment performance from both a process and tool standpoint
- Provide supervision to technicians and technical support to the operations team through definition of operation specifications and training aids
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.