Product / Test Engineer – Test Technology Group (TMG Rotation Prgm)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Are you looking to grow your career in testing at one of the leading semiconductor companies in the world? At Texas Instruments (TI) a Test Engineer is part of a team responsible for designing, developing, and implementing cost-effective methods of testing and troubleshooting systems and equipment. In this role, the Test Engineer prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test fixtures and equipment, completes specifications and procedures for new products.
- Work with design team to understand design specifications
- Generate test plan, creating test and char program, designing ATE hardware interface boards
- Debug characterizing silicon on ATE, correlate results with bench data
- Analyze silicon results, supporting failure analysis tasks
- Perform statistical analysis of yield fallout, debugging and fixing yield issues; optimizing test time
- Work with production team to release products to volume production
- Create test strategy definition and implementation for new products
- Work silicon qualification & characterization including qual hardware development
- Comprehensive device debugging, design validation and failure analysis
- Drive for robust and cost effective test solutions while being accountable for product quality
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
- ATE experience on Teradyne Eagle or equivalent analog ATE (iFlex, LTX, VLCT)
- Characterization test program and hardware development knowledge
- Production test program and hardware development knowledge
- Technical knowledge of electronic devices and circuits, and Analog test techniques
- Data analysis skills using Spotfire, dataPower or equivalent tool based on STDF
- Experienced with various lab equipment such as scopes, power supplies, sourcemeters, loads etc.
- Experience with product engineering activities such as yield improvement and test time reduction
- Understanding of the IC product development process, from concept to volume production
- Proficiency in programming/scripting in C++, Python, C#
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
To be considered for this position, please apply.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.