Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the job
Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for an energetic, service minded engineer, who enjoys helping others to succeed by providing quality-assurance support to customers, service teams, assigned production operations and programs to ensure that TI’s products are built in accordance with customer and division quality requirements while maintaining production flow.
Quality engineers at TI support production operations and ensure the integrity of components and products produced. This individual proactively drives quality improvement efforts in assigned areas with the goal of achieving “zero defect” performance. The role also supports process improvement and problem-solving efforts with the focus on protecting and improving product quality and satisfying both internal and external customers.
- Drive alignment within business units to meet quality requirements for products, processes and services
- Act as the primary quality representative, beginning with new process development and continuing from new product development through product end-of-life
- Act as the focal point for customer returns and customer communication for quality related issues
- Serve as the team leader for a multi-discipline team to solve customer issues
- Drive successful new product ramps that would achieve quality and reliability goals
- Identify systematic issues and driving continuous improvement across the business units
- Balance business unit customer satisfaction indices and customer quality indices
- Some domestic or international travel may be required to support customer engagements
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
• BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or related engineering fields of study
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to work effectively in an interrupt-driven, fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Exceptional customer interface and problem solving skills
- Ability to interface and build relationships with customers and internal TI functions – both in the business and in the fab
- Ability to manage customer expectations, and drive for results within TI to ensure that customer expectations are met
- Have a passion for meeting customer needs and be able to influence without direct authority
To be considered for this position, please apply.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.