Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Here’s your chance to work as part of a dynamic engineering team on the latest semiconductor technology. As a Quality Engineering intern, you will have significant exposure to multiple engineering disciplines, making this an excellent base for future career progression.
Many projects provide the opportunity for learning semiconductor wafer fab and assembly processing while interfacing with design engineering, product engineering, test engineering and quality engineering groups. Selected candidates will be assigned to one of several important, but different roles:
• Fab Quality Assurance Engineer – conduct frequent review of fab process control data, review, release and assist in the troubleshooting of fab processes; participate and assist in managing local audit programs; verify conformance of manufactured IC devices and process materials to relevant TI and customer specifications.
• Failure Analysis Engineer – perform failure analysis on products to identify the root cause of failure; work in cross-functional teams to resolve issues; provide progress reports of your review as well as a final written report of analysis and findings; and meet cycle time and success rate metrics established for customer satisfaction and quality team success.
• Customer Quality Engineer – manage customer returns and use TI tools to provide frequent status updates to affected customers; work effectively with test, design, product and planning engineers, regional quality engineers, regional planners, regional technical sales representatives and marketing representatives to solve customer issues and provide answers.
Put your talent to work with us as a Quality Engineering Intern – change the world, love your job!
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0/4.0
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Coursework providing knowledge and background in semiconductor processing, process control methodology and/or device failure analysis
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.