Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Are you an early technology adopter and want a glimpse of the latest products before anyone else? A Technical Sales Engineering Internship may be a great fit. Technical Sales Engineers are responsible for the customer strategy, development, and execution of an overall business plan. You will be able to combine your technical skills with sales and marketing skills to maximize customer opportunities, with the goal of winning all ICs on a project. Leverage your relationships and business acumen to convert won ICs into revenue and business for TI. Technical Sales Engineers work directly with customers, use market knowledge and insights from our digital storefront and online communities to bring TI technologies to next-generation innovations around the world.
When you join TI as an intern, you tackle important projects early on. You don’t shadow. You don’t make copies. You dive into meaty projects right away that call for you to find creative solutions to complex problems. You learn while you work, and vice versa. You will also get access to invaluable insight and mentoring from TI’s top leaders. Technical Sales Engineering Internships are located in Santa Clara, CA; Southfield, MI; Richardson, TX; Waltham, MA or Bellevue, WA. Join our sales and applications team and be a part of defining the next generation of technology with our customers.
Technical Sales Engineer Internship responsibilities include:
- Gaining hands-on experience in one of our Field Sales Offices learning the Technical Sales Engineer role and how we conduct business with our customers
- Learning how our Technical Sales team engages with TI’s business units
- Working on hands-on, stimulating projects and have opportunities to present your findings to leaders, including running a market review, customer case studies, running a project kick off, choosing high growth accounts, and making a final intern presentation
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering or relevant degree
- Minimum cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Ability to effectively balance strong technical skills with solid relationship-building capabilities
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people across various functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required by October 29, 2021 or your start date, whichever is later, unless an exemption has been approved by TI as a medical or religious accommodation.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.