The Texas Medical Center (TMC) is looking to hire a Business Analyst to its growing Business Analytics team. This is an exceptional opportunity to work closely with C-level leadership, develop core consulting skills and deepen practical data science experience in a supportive environment.
The TMC is the world’s largest medical complex. TMC is comprised of 21 renowned hospitals, 14 support organizations, 10 academic institutions, eight academic and research institutions, seven nursing programs, three public health organizations, three medical schools, two pharmacy schools, and a dental school.
Our world-renowned patient care, research, and education institutions have one common goal: transform the future of medicine. As the largest concentration of scientists anywhere, we’re harnessing our collective knowledge, talent, and technology to lead the next generation of innovation through our collaborative institutes and the new translational research campus, TMC3.
TMC3 is a world-class, life science complex that unites the best minds in medicine across 37 acres, with shared and proprietary research centers, multi-disciplinary laboratories, healthcare institutions, a hotel and conference center, retail, and a unique double-helix green space – totaling almost 3.7 million SF of developed property.
TMC seeks a high potential, early career individual for our open Business Analyst position. This position has a track record of producing highly effective leaders who go on to assume broad strategic and operational roles across our company. This role will work closely with senior leadership team to produce key analytical insights across a number of business areas. This role will have in-depth exposure to all aspects of TMC’s core businesses, internal operations, strategy, and leadership team.
This position will work directly with the Strategy, Operations and Finance teams.
Ideal candidates exhibit the following qualities:
- Ability to use data modeling tools to provide a more comprehensive understanding of TMC business and operations
- Oral and written communication skills required to share content and insights to broader TMC team and outside audiences
- Interest in learning about all aspects of the healthcare industry
- Intellectual curiosity and agility
- Willingness to give and receive specific, objective feedback
- Independent thinking and data-driven decision making
- Self-starter, possessing the flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations to arrive at solutions that are astute, fact-based and actionable
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform financial and data analysis to drive process improvement and effective decision-making within the business units
- Conduct industry, market, competitor, and financial analysis to identify insightful implications for business units
- Work with business unit leaders to identify and pursue projects to drive capital efficiency, profitability, and progress towards achieving TMC’s strategic vision
- Manage and prioritize workload to anticipate changes and be able to work collaboratively with team members and leaders across the Texas Medical Center
Education & Qualifications
- Undergraduate or master’s degree with 1–3 years of work experience after completing your undergraduate degree with a strong preference for degrees in Business, Business Analytics, Data Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other
- STEM disciplines
Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing
- Strong statistical academic background, knowledge of quantitative methods, including predictive modeling techniques
- Experience in some of the following software solutions: Excel, Tableau, Alteryx, Google Analytics, etc
- Experience in reporting the results of analysis in clear written form, and in presenting the findings during meetings and conference calls
- Ability to discuss reasoning, critical assessment of facts and opinions; ability of giving comprehensive answers and arguments
- Conceptual and creative thinking (outside the box)
- Highly collaborative working style, with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple and large workstreams
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills