The Borgen Project is an innovative, national campaign that is working to make poverty a focus of U.S. foreign policy. This is a part-time 12-hours per week, unpaid telecommuting internship. The internship is for 12 weeks and responsibilities will include leading public and political outreach in your state and district.
Tasks as a Political Affairs Intern:
– Meet with members of Congress and/or Congressional staffers in your State and District.
– Represent The Borgen Project at various businesses, political, and community events.
– Assist with fundraising. Create a personal fundraising campaign and meet targets.
– Mobilize individuals to contact their members of Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
– As needed, speak to groups, classes, and organizations.
– Write letters of support for key programs to political leaders, media, and other groups.
Start Date: New internship programs begin every month, you choose the month you wish to start.
Note: We respond to every applicant within 14 days. Please check your spam folder for our emails and if nothing has been received, please email us at email@example.com. In addition, if you have any trouble uploading your resume please email firstname.lastname@example.org.