Location: Nationwide (Telecommute Volunteer Role)
Hours: 4-6 hours per week
Start Date: New programs begin every month, you choose the month you wish to start
You don’t need to be a lobbyist to help influence foreign policy. As a Regional Director, you’ll serve as a Borgen Project Ambassador in your city – mobilizing your friends, family, and colleagues to contact Congress in support of key poverty-reduction legislation.
– Meet with local congressional leaders and lobby for legislation that improves living conditions for the world’s poor.
– Mobilize people in your community to contact their congressional leaders to support poverty reduction legislation.
– Manage and implement fundraising campaigns.
– Build a network of people engaged in the cause.
– Serve as The Borgen Project’s ambassador in your city.
– Basic understanding of U.S. Politics and international development.
– Highly organized with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks while managing their work time efficiently.
– Strong team player that loves to bring new ideas to the table.
– Ability to demonstrate frequent independent judgment with decisiveness.
– Excellent overall communication skills: oral, written, presentation.
Note: We respond to every applicant within 14 days. Please check your spam folder for our emails and if nothing has been received, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if you have any trouble uploading your resume or writing samples, please email email@example.com.