This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
MAKE YOUR MARK
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have busy personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible. JOB OVERVIEW/SUMMARY
The Clorox Company Internship Program is a 10-week summer experience that runs from June through August. Interns are provided meaningful work assignments designed to provide perspective and practical work experience highlighting what you would do in a similar role following completion of your degree and working at the company on a regular, fulltime basis. Through the course of the summer, interns participate in:
- Formal, three-day orientation and program kick off with interns from all functions in California
- Peer-level mentorship and connection points with functional and company executives
- Community Engagement activity
- Soft-skills training and development exercises
Clorox Intern Program benefits include:
- Round trip airfare from school/home location to work location
- Housing stipends
- Participation in Clorox 401(k)
- 2 days sick time
- 50% off purchases of Burt’s Bees and vitamin/supplement brands
Clorox Brand Management is a driving force in the development and marketplace success of each of our brands. As business managers, Clorox brand studios are responsible for maximizing the volume and profitability of their respective brands.
As a member of a Brand Group, the Associate Marketing Manager Intern has diverse responsibilities that include:
- Performing business analysis to strengthen the brand’s integrated marketing program
- Developing and implementing marketing plans that contribute to brand volume and profit
- Initiating and analyzing market research to improve the brand’s marketing efforts
- Participating in the development of effective advertising copy, media plans, and integrated marketing campaigns
- Coordinating package and product improvements that enhance the brand
- Developing, implementing and evaluating other strategic business building projects
KEY SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Thought/People Leadership
- Consumer Insight and Judgment
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Results Focus
- Collaborative Team Skills
- MBA, with 4 to 5 years pre MBA work experience.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in academics or professional work including leadership skills, and strong analytical/problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work in Oakland, CA; Durham, NC (Burt’s Bees assignment) or Sunrise, FL (vitamin, mineral and supplement brands)
MORE ABOUT MARKETING Marketing is a powerful growth engine for Clorox. We create winning ideas that drive consumer value and energize our brands and businesses around the world. Consumers are at the center of everything we do, and our brand teams translate passion for the consumer into business results. We use consumer insights to develop and implement marketing plans, create and evaluate business-building projects, and inspire new product development opportunities. Join our team to help us develop human-centered, technology-enabled, purpose-driven brands. MORE ABOUT CLOROX The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with approximately 8,800 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2020 sales of $6.7 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products;
- Pine-Sol® cleaners
- Liquid-Plumr® clog removers
- Poett® home care products
- Fresh Step® cat litter
- Glad® bags, wraps and containers
- Kingsford® charcoal
- Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces
- Brita® water-filtration products; Burt’s Bees® natural personal care products
- RenewLife® digestive health products
- Rainbow Light®, Natural Vitality™ and NeoCell® dietary supplements.
The company also markets industry-leading products and technologies for professional customers, including those sold under the CloroxPro™ and Clorox Healthcare® brand names. Nearly 80% of the company’s sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories. Please apply directly to our job postings and do not submit your resume to any person via text message. Clorox does not conduct text-based interviews and encourages you to be cautious of anyone posing as Clorox recruiters via unsolicited texts during these uncertain times.