We are seeking individuals with impressive records of achievement to join the D. E. Shaw group. Generalists are considered for one of several departments at the firm, including Corporate Development, Investor Relations, Legal and Compliance, the Office of the Chief Operating Officer, and Risk, where they work on challenging, high-impact projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
As a Generalist, you will be matched with a particular department at the firm. While your specific responsibilities will depend on your placement, you will tackle exciting business problems by performing research and conducting rigorous analysis using both quantitative and qualitative methods. You’ll use your current strengths to innovate and make recommendations that impact the way we operate, and you’ll build new skills that help shape the course of your career. You’ll play a role in our success while gaining exposure to our businesses and receiving coaching and mentoring from accomplished colleagues.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Candidates should have zero to five years of experience and a demonstrated remarkable talent in their academic and/or professional endeavors; we neither expect nor require previous finance knowledge or experience.
• We welcome applications from individuals in all academic disciplines; recent generalist hires include computer science, economics, and humanities majors, as well as Ph.D.s in scientific fields.
• Successful generalists are effective communicators and critical thinkers who take a highly analytical approach to solving problems.
• Generalists excel at managing multiple projects and are motivated by a strong desire to learn and an interest in taking on new challenges.
• In keeping with our firm’s culture, we’re more interested in talent, curiosity, and motivation than we are in any particular skill or experience.
Interested candidates can apply through our website: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Oncampus/Symplicity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant, employee, or former employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other category protected by law. All employment-related decisions are based solely on legitimate non-discriminatory business reasons.