We’re seeking individuals with impressive records of achievement to join the D. E. Shaw group. Generalists are considered for one of several departments at the firm, including Corporate Development, Investor Relations, Legal & Compliance, the COO Group, and Risk, where they work on challenging, high-impact projects. At our firm, you’ll have the opportunity to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and engaging working environment.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
As a generalist, you will be matched with a particular department at the firm. While your specific responsibilities will depend on your placement, you’ll tackle exciting business problems by performing research and conducting rigorous analysis using both quantitative and qualitative methods. You’ll use your current strengths to innovate and make recommendations that impact the way we operate, and you’ll build new skills that help shape the course of your career. You’ll play a role in our success while gaining exposure to our businesses and receiving coaching and mentoring from accomplished colleagues.
Who we’re looking for:
• Candidates should have zero to five years of experience and a demonstrated remarkable talent in their academic and/or professional endeavors; we neither expect nor require previous finance knowledge or experience.
• We welcome applications from individuals in all academic disciplines; recent generalist hires include computer science, economics, and humanities majors, as well as Ph.D.s in scientific fields.
• Successful generalists are effective communicators and critical thinkers who take a highly analytical approach to solving problems.
• Generalists excel at managing multiple projects, and are motivated by a desire to learn and an interest in taking on new challenges.
• In keeping with our firm’s culture, we’re more interested in talent, curiosity, and motivation than we are in any particular skill or experience.
Please note that this post is not an application. Please navigate to our website to apply: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Oncampus/Symplicity
The members of the D. E. Shaw group do not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, caregiver status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and are eager to hear from individuals having a wide range of backgrounds and personal characteristics.