The D. E. Shaw group seeks a bright, resourceful, and detail-oriented coordinator to join its People Operations team within our Human Capital function. This position affords the opportunity to join a global team of human capital professionals in an inclusive, engaging, and collaborative working environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
The coordinator will provide support for the human capital employee life cycle. Responsibilities will include welcoming and onboarding new hires, providing operational and technical support for human capital processes, ensuring compliance with relevant employment laws and policies, providing project-related assistance and support to the Core HC team, and liaising with external vendors. This dynamic position offers ample opportunities to collaborate with a diverse set of colleagues across our Human Capital, Legal & Compliance, Finance and Operations, and COO teams.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Applicants should have zero to two years of professional experience, along with a bachelor’s degree.
• Excellent attention to detail along with impressive verbal and written communication, organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills are required.
• Successful candidates will exercise the utmost discretion while handling confidential information, excel at working both independently and as part of a team, demonstrate a client-focused approach, and thrive at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Applicants who exhibit the willingness and ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities, consistently meet deadlines, and recommend continuous process improvements will excel in this role.
• Experience in a human capital discipline is preferred, but we’ll also consider candidates from any field who have demonstrated an ability to learn quickly.
Interested candidates can apply through our website: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Ads/Sym/HuCaCoMar2021
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any applicant, employee, or former employee on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or other category protected by law. All employment-related decisions are based solely on legitimate non-discriminatory business reasons.