The D. E. Shaw group seeks motivated individuals with impressive records of academic and/or professional achievement to join its internship program. Systems program managers plan and coordinate key Systems projects and initiatives, and help provide strategic direction in managing the firm’s global technology infrastructure. Potential projects might cover the full development lifecycle, including research, execution, and dependency tracking. The role offers the opportunity to be part of an inclusive and collaborative working environment, as program manager interns will work closely with groups across the firm, including Information Security, Infrastructure Engineering, and Application Engineering.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
You’ll work on a variety of both product and project management tasks related to improving efficiency and ensuring the success of a technology project, which may include user research and requirements gathering, UX design, technical documentation, defining of success metrics, and spearheading status meetings. You might analyze vendor options for a new technology, build out a novel purchasing workflow for the team, or create a proof of concept for a new alerting application.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
• Applicants should have prior experience with product or project management.
• A proficient technological foundation—including basic knowledge of core computer science concepts (e.g., networking, storage, operating systems, web development) and familiarity with a large variety of technologies—is beneficial.
• Successful candidates will have a curiosity about technology and a drive to independently spearhead improvements (e.g., in organization and efficiency).
• Creativity and a collaborative approach are important attributes for program manager interns.
• In keeping with our firm’s culture and the ever-changing nature of our work, we’re more interested in talent, curiosity, and motivation than we are in any particular skill or expertise.
Please note that this post is not an application. Please navigate to our website to apply: https://www.deshaw.com/recruit/jobs/Ads/Symplicity/SyPrMngIntNov2021
The members of the D. E. Shaw group do not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, caregiver status, or any other category protected by law. We are committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and are eager to hear from individuals having a wide range of backgrounds and personal characteristics.