The Global Teaching Project’s Operations Manager will work on both the current AP Pilot Program in Mississippi as well as broader strategic growth initiatives for GTP. In Mississippi, they will work with the Executive Director of the Consortium to ensure classes and supplemental programs, including residential programs, run smoothly. They will also work with GTP’s CEO and the Chief Strategy Advisor to communicate with current stakeholders and to identify and engage with potential supporters and prospective school districts.
This is a unique opportunity for an energetic and organized candidate who wants to combine operations, strategy, and product management to have an immediate impact. Opportunities for impact may arise in line with a candidate’s particular skills.
Ideal candidates have demonstrated interest in social justice, education, and entrepreneurship, and preferably have a background in STEM. However, we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Key responsibilities currently include, but are not limited to:
● Contribute to program planning and implementation including, but not limited to: residential preparatory programs at partner colleges; teacher professional development programs; tutoring session management; equipment and supply management for member schools; school use of Consortium’s central learning management systems;
● Manage cohort of college tutors; including prospecting, interviewing, and hiring; matching tutors with schools; monitoring class progress and tutor efforts, acting as point of contact as school-specific obstacles arise; building an active and collaborative tutor community;
● Product management; helping to monitor quality of current courses; strategizing new offerings; collaborating with web development team to build out new content
● Help execute internal communications; ensuring teachers and students are aware of and utilizing all aspects of GTP’s learning model;
● Help draft external communications with key stakeholders including public sector partners, foundations and corporations; participating in reporting for grants in progress and for investors; assisting in preparing submissions to prospective funders and preparing episodic reports to current funders;
● Conduct research analyzing education and poverty data to assess program’s current reach and to identify prospective areas for expansion;
● Work with the Consortium’s board and external consulting partner to establish and meet growth projections, key milestones and transparent communication plans for internal and external stakeholders;
● Help maintain GTP records of participants, resources, and finances
This position will be remote, with occasional opportunities for travel to Mississippi, other prospective school districts, and participating college campuses.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.