This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The U.S.-China Clean Tech Center (UCCTC) is a joint-partnership program between the Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation (a 501c3 non-profit) and the U.S. Department of Commerce – International Trade Administration dedicated to accelerating trade and investment in U.S. clean energy and environmental protection technologies and best practices to the Greater China Region. UCCTC creates a comprehensive international clean technology cooperation platform and markets America’s advanced clean technology services and products in the Greater China Region as well as facilitate a long-term development for the application and industrialization of clean technology. Since 2012, UCCTC has been bringing together important leaders from top companies and the sustainability field to network, conduct business, promote (and seek out) new clean technologies, and shape the future.
Our offices locate in Downtown Los Angeles and Beijing Central Business District. We encourage you to apply to the Cleantech and Sustainable Development Internship / OPT to help us to grow as a leading clean technology organization.
UCCTC offers a high level of autonomy in the work of the intern team and thus provides the opportunities for the candidate to grow and learn:
- General understanding of the work and mission of UCCTC
- Hands-on experience with marketing and client/partner relationship management
- Insight into issues related to clean technology and sustainable field
- Experience working in creative and friendly teams
- Direct and coordinate marketing outreach efforts by briefing and communicating with key stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders
- Manage and maintain our client/partner network
- Research relevant companies, organizations and foundations to support various UCCTC projects and marketing campaigns
- Participate in data collection and in-depth research to maintain the operation of B2B database
- Conduct policy research and policy analysis, and draft policy papers
- Translate working documents and assist with program delivery
- Develop marketing strategy, form teams to achieve objectives, and design work plans to ensure effective teamwork
- Collaborate closely with managers and teammates to ensure the day-to-day operations of projects
- Excellent communication skills and research abilities
- Passionate and excited about clean technology and sustainable field
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Proficient presentation and public speaking skills
- Sharp attention to detail and consistency
- Interested in working in a clean technology focused non-profit organization
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with a team, with an orientation towards results
- Good in organizing various tasks and responsibilities
- Responds positively to feedback and different opinions
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and experience and learning by doing
- Major in Environment, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business Administration, International Studies or related subjects is desired, but not required
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or higher degree program.
- Previous experience in cleantech, marketing, customer relations, event planning, or related functions is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) is required
- Experience in working collaboratively in a team is desirable
- Fluent Chinese is a plus.