This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
The John P. & Anne Welsh McNulty Foundation seeks an intern to support the coordination and implementation of communications and marketing activities. This is a paid internship based in Brooklyn, NY with flexible in-person and remote work (including transportation stipend).
The McNulty Foundation is a private family foundation established in 1985. Through its signature program, the McNulty Prize, and other grant programs focused on leadership development, the foundation inspires, develops and drives leaders to solve the most critical challenges of our time. Learn more at www.mcnultyfound.org.
As an intern, you will play a critical role by supporting both immediate and long-term projects, reporting directly to the Program Director and collaborating with the core Foundation team. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience in a fast-paced environment dedicated to social change, gain exposure to the philanthropic sector, and contribute to an organization going through a period of growth and expansion.
● manage and drive social media calendar and campaigns
● support the creation and publishing of newsletters, blog posts and updating the website;
● support ongoing projects to build visibility, platforms and media partnerships for the Foundation and its community of grantees and partners;
● assist in preparations for news announcements, coordination with partners and press, and development of promotional and media toolkits
● track press coverage and opportunities;
● support the coordination, planning and implementation of special (virtual) events, including managing logistics and support for panel conversations, seminars or other events.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
● Excellent logistical, organizational, and project management skills The ability to operate efficiently, multitask, manage deadlines and work independently with careful attention to detail
● The ability to work with and respect people of different cultures and viewpoints
● Passion for making a difference; a growth mindset, can-do attitude, versatility, and openness to engaging in a spectrum of work
● A collaborative, independent, curious, and flexible temperament as well as good humor
● Experience with social media execution
● Experience with website and marketing platforms (preferred)
● Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (preferred)