This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
LOCATION: REMOTE, MUST BE ABLE TO MEET VIA ZOOM OR GOOGLE-MEETINGS ON WEST COAST TIME
The Land of Canaan Foundation (LOCF) is seeking a dynamic social media intern.
The ideal candidate possesses understanding of the current digital media landscape, and is interested in traditional farming and the agricultural movement in Palestine. The accepted applicant will be responsible for monitoring social media and posting on LOCF’s Instagram and Facebook accounts. Emphasis of this position will be placed on growing LOCF’s recently launched Instagram account.
The job description is below. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will begin March 1, 2021.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Post on our platforms regularly with timely, engaging content that reflects the tone and goals of the organization
- Become well versed on LOCF’s partnerships and projects on the ground in Palestine and adept at breaking down information into engaging, accurate and clear social media posts
- Researching and drafting relevant posts, and have an eye for selecting complementary photos
- Monitoring the social media landscape for relevant content and accounts to engage
- Pitch posts and ideas for placing as sponsored ads
- Follow conversations relative to posts by LOCF accounts and engage accordingly, with an organizational tone in mind
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent internal/team communication skills
- Working knowledge of sustainable agriculture and traditional farming practices, especially as they pertain to Palestine
- In-depth knowledge of Facebook and Instagram
- Experience with social media for nonprofit or a brand
- Preferred, experience with Canva or Photoshop
- Ideal, but not required:
- Ability to read and translate Arabic text
- Familiarity with Palestinian solidarity and/or food and agricultural justice issues in Palestine
- Up to 7 hours/week
- At least 2 months, with opportunity for continuation
LOCF also offers opportunity for college credit for candidates who request credit, in addition to stipend
The Land of Canaan Foundation is an independent 501c3 nonprofit that supports farm communities and village-based cooperatives in Palestine. We work in partnership with the Palestine Fair Trade Association (PFTA) and the Canaan Center for Organic Research & Education (CORE) to support small-scale farmers and the agricultural traditions of farming communities in Palestine so they may have access to tools, skills, and a global market to ensure economic security to their families for generations to come.