The New Republic is seeking an intern to join our editorial team. The position is paid. Though TNR’s staff is working remotely due to the pandemic, you must be based in the metro areas of New York or Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate pays close attention to detail, has strong writing and editing skills, and shows initiative in their work. Journalism experience is preferred, but not imperative. Interns are asked to contribute to The New Republic by:
- Fact-checking web features
- Occasionally copy-editing web stories
- Assisting in web production
- Conducting research for editors
- Undertaking administrative and organizational tasks
This internship lasts five months. To apply, please submit your résumé and a cover letter explaining why you’re right for this job. The cover letter should be tailored to TNR and show an understanding of our sensibility and history.