This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
Are you passionate about animal rights and seeking an internship that allows you to use your communications and social media skills to further the movement?
The Pollination Project is a foundation that makes seed grants of $1,000 a day, every day of the year, to individual change-makers all over the world. We also have specialized grant programs in farmed animal activism and animal rights. For more information on our work visit our website. www.thepollinationproject.org
We come in contact with thousands of applicants and grantees who quickly become part of our worldwide network. The result has been an abundant online community. We are looking for an ambitious and smart intern who can harness the power of social media to help us communicate with our audience including the general public, our grantees, applicants and organizational partners. You will be working with Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google Groups, Instagram and other social media sites.
- Expand and optimize social media initiatives across platforms
- Help us find new grantees through social media outreach within a variety of defined criteria
- Update website and social media sites with content provided
- Track our grantees in the media and make sure we are cross promoting their efforts on our sites
- Researching and implementing best practices in social media
- Other social media / marketing- related duties as appropriate to your skill set
- Extensive experience using social media networks
- Borderline obsessive attention to detail
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to manage your own time and be able to respond to emails in a timely manner
- Ability to work within an established messaging framework to curate and post relevant content
- Caring compassionate person who has experience in social change work
- Prefer someone with a commitment to or interest in animal rights and a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle
Outcomes: After this internship you will be able to:
- Participate in building and implementing a robust social media strategy
- Understand the grantmaking process and gain experience in social change philanthropy
- Communicate and connect with a wide range of inspiring activists and volunteers from all over the world
- Gain an understanding of and appreciation for the power of grassroots networks