RockCreek is a leading global investment management firm that applies data-driven technology and innovation to sustainable investing. With over $15 billion in assets under management, our portfolio managers construct multi-asset class global portfolios and customized technology solutions for a sophisticated investor base that includes endowments, foundations, pension plans, and sovereign funds. We are focused on the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) and sustainable impact across portfolios to generate long-term returns. RockCreek has a culture of diversity and debate, and a relentless drive to excel.
Our Commitment to DEI:
As one of the largest women and minority-owned asset managers globally, RockCreek values diversity and inclusion across the firm. Building on our role as a leading allocator to women-owned and diverse investment managers, RockCreek pushes the industry forward by recruiting team members from all walks of life. People from diverse backgrounds represented over 85% of RockCreek’s 2020 Summer Analyst Program and 47% identified as women. Our own Management Team and Advisory Board is more than 80% and 70% diverse, respectively. To date, RockCreek has invested over $6.4 billion in diverse investment funds and companies. We welcome and support team members across different immigration and socio-economic experiences.
Position: Summer Analyst (Data Science)
RockCreek offers a unique perspective into the world of finance and investing, facilitating learning and growth. RockCreek is looking for graduate and undergraduate students who are interested in finance, have a desire to acquire hands-on experience, and are comfortable working in a flat, tight-knit team environment. Doors are always open for you to ask questions and explore opportunities. Successful candidates are entrepreneurial and capable of working well under pressure.
RockCreek is looking for graduate and undergraduate students who will:
· Work directly with the RockCreek Investment, Risk, and Technology Teams on current tech R&D initiatives
· Apply cutting-edge analytical techniques to the investment management
· Use state-of-the-art data mining methods
· Extend RockCreek’s data with third-party sources of information when needed
· Enhance data collection procedures to build comprehensive analytics systems
· Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
· Receive personalized mentorship from senior RockCreek partners and analysts
· Pursuit or completion of a degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
· A demonstrated passion for and advanced understanding of data science, big data analytics, and/or artificial intelligence (AI)
· Prior experience with programming and coding in finance-related applications, such as SQL
· Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, and Decision Forests
· Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, TensorFlow and MatLab
· Applied statistical analysis, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
· A strong academic record with well-rounded extra-curricular activities and/or athletic experiences
· A familiarity with investing, financial markets, global economics, and geopolitics
· Ability to succeed in a remote setting dependent upon the trajectory of COVID-19
Want to learn more about the RockCreek Summer Analyst Program? Visit our website at: