Currently interviewing recent alumni and December graduates for full-time career positions starting ASAP!
**During COVID19, this position will work virtually from home. Once offices open, this position will be based from the San Francisco, CA office.
Founded in 2013, our client, Darktrace has grown to become the leader in Cyber AI with over 4,000 deployments and 1,300 employees worldwide. Darktrace is the world’s leading machine learning company for cyber security. Created by mathematicians from the University of Cambridge, Darktrace’s Enterprise Immune System uses AI algorithms that mimic the human immune system to defend enterprise networks of all types and sizes.
As an Event Marketing Manager, you will have a wide range of responsibilities including: running events across North America, creating and executing marketing programs (events, webinars, and various digital initiatives), communicating Darktrace’s unique proposition to a wide range of stakeholders, and much more. Events will be a mix of virtual and live programs.
You will bring energy, creativity and new ideas to contribute to a strong Darktrace presence at each event. The Event Marketing Manager is responsible for understanding Darktrace’s prospects and audience and aligning to business priorities and contribute to lead generation. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys working with internal and external teams to pull together creative and complex event campaigns. The ideal Event Marketing Manager will have:
- Strong communication skills – this role is often customer facing, so interpersonal and networking skills are crucial. Beyond that, all marketing execs need to be excellent writers and sharp thinkers.
- Enthusiasm/Energy – We are adding to the team people that will bring a lot of energy to the dynamic. You should be enthusiastic about a career with Darktrace – not just a career in marketing.
- Quick Thinkers/Self-Sufficient – The marketing executive position is constantly changing and evolving, and you will have to deal with several different projects at once with often quick deadlines. The ideal candidate will be able to do this relatively independently with excellent judgment.
* Strategize, execute and promote Darktrace’s overall presence at tech events across North America
* Plan and execute live and virtual events that align with business goals, as assigned
* Work with Darktrace counterparts to successfully understand and navigate opportunities for Darktrace presence that drives lead generation at these events
* Speaker management, including confirming speaking sessions and connecting speakers to venue and event logistical needs.
* Manage event planning and onsite logistics, virtual event platform set-up, content, budget, design, AV, production, vendors, logistics with support of the broader marketing managers and team
* Report and measure success, write event reports, and liaise with the salesforce for lead follow up
* Ongoing research of new events, digital campaigns, bring relevant opportunities to up-level events
* Often supporting multiple large-scale projects consecutively
* 1-2 years of experience in event planning or field marketing, virtual event experience is an asset
* A Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA > 3.5
* The ability to prioritize multiple projects and problem-solve in a fast-paced and creative environment
* Strong organization skills and the ability to direct and execute events
* Experience in digital marketing is a PLUS
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
**When you apply for this role, please submit a 1 to 2-page writing sample that reflects your ability to (1) catch and maintain attention and (2) communicate succinctly and professionally.**