The Uncorporette is seeking a marketing intern to help grow its up-and-coming online business. We help new entrepreneurs turn their ideas into businesses that are bigger than them (in terms of impact, scale, & sustainability) – without burning out. Our typical customer is someone who has dominated their corporate career, and is ready to design their “dream job” on their own terms, outside the strictures of a typical 9-5. They are smart, ambitious, introspective, and ready to have it all – and The Uncorporette teaches them how.
A former Yalie, Rachel (BR ’09) became an award-winning tech product marketer. After becoming a mom, she left the corporate world to run Lionheart Software, as CEO. She quickly realized that entrepreneurship provided both higher income-earning potential & flexibility, and started The Uncorporette to help other corporate warriors do the same.
This internship is right for you if…
- Your jam is distilling lots of information into easy-to-understand takeaways.
- You love to write – and are excited about learning to turn that into different types of marketing (think blogs, social media, and more).
- You’re decently tech savvy, and visually-oriented. You love beautiful things, and have an eye for design.
- You are detail-oriented, self-directed, and are obsessed with perfection.
- You like systems & organization, and can execute seamlessly from a plan.
- You’re intrigued by the world of online entrepreneurship, business strategy, & social media marketing – and you’re excited about the prospect of seeing what it takes to grow a multi-7 figure business from the ground up.
You get brownie points if…
- You have experience with Canva
- You’ve done social media marketing, and are familiar with platforms like Facebook & Instagram
- Creating basic graphics in Canva (for training materials, social posts, and other marketing collateral)
- Supporting “live launches” – I.e. coordinating details & logistics behind the scenes of The Uncorporette’s big sales events (1-2x / quarter)
- Re-purposing strategic content (e.g. from live events, blogs, etc.) to use for marketing on other social channels
- Supporting development of materials for The Uncorporette’s programs (e.g. graphics, outlines of key content, testing new features, etc.)
- Basic social media marketing activities, primarily on Facebook, Instagram, & LinkedIn.
- And more!
- 5-10 hours / week, days / times are flexible
- Fully remote position
- $15-$20 hour (commensurate w/ experience)
- 2020-2021 school year (approx. Sept ’20 – May ’21)
- BONUS: Candidate will get free lifetime access to “The Bulletproof Business”, The Uncorporette’s signature program. TBB teaches entrepreneurs how to go from an idea to a profitable, scalable online business.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter, and writing sample.