Voleon is a technology company that applies state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to real-world problems in finance. For more than a decade, we have led our industry and worked at the frontier of applying machine learning to investment management. We have become a multibillion dollar asset manager, and we have ambitious goals for the future.
Your colleagues will include internationally recognized experts in machine learning research as well as highly experienced technology and finance professionals. The people who shape our company come from other backgrounds, too, including concert music performance, humanitarian aid, opera singing, sports writing, and the submarine service. You will be part of a team that loves to succeed together.
In addition to our enriching and collegial working environment, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, technology talks by our experts, a beautiful modern office, daily catered lunches, and more.
As an Operations Associate, you will work closely with the most senior managers and executives at our organization. Your work will make deeply impactful and lasting contributions. As part of a rotational program, you will gain broad exposure, experience, and training that are unparalleled for recent grads. This role is a means to make a difference: you will start making important contributions on day one, and you will develop a highly coveted skill set.
Please note that this is not a position for candidates seeking to become investment professionals/analysts, and it is not a position for candidates seeking to become traders.
- Year One: Act as the lead Operations Associate in two six-month rotations within Voleon’s core finance and operations teams. Sample first-year rotations include human resources, fund operations, and regulatory compliance
- Year Two and beyond: Have the opportunity to permanently join one of Voleon’s finance and operations teams as a specialist or complete additional rotations on other teams. At this point, associates may work with additional teams beyond those offering Year One rotations, including: investor relations, sales and marketing, recruiting, and business strategy.
- Excel in the day-to-day responsibilities for your rotation, and become an expert in those areas
- Complete high-impact project work both as an individual contributor within your function and by contributing to cross-functional initiatives with other operations and technical teams.
- Collaborate effectively on teams with other colleagues, including other Operations Associates
- Work directly with senior executives and receive personalized mentorship and coaching
- Become part of a fun and engaging group of fellow Operations Associates and share meaningful experiences with them
- Intellectually curious explorer interested in learning about a broad variety of business challenges
- Organized executor capable of independently managing multiple workstreams on schedule with high attention to detail
- Analytical thinker who takes a structured approach to decomposing and solving problems
- Critical thinker who notices opportunities for improvement
- Team player drawn towards a collaborative working environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Authorization to work in the United States