This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 70,000 employees the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. The customers we serve fall within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
The BI Data & Visualization Internship position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a degree in business intelligence, information system, data science, statistics, or similar major in your degree to get hands on experience working with finance, business analysts, and data engineers in a life sciences business environment. The data science intern will contribute to projects and build new practice standards. THE POSITION STARTS IN JUNE, PAID WORKING 40 HOURS PER WEEK THROUGH AUGUST. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Identify and present predictive drivers/leading indicators, trends, outliers, and patterns that uncover new insights to help guide enterprise-wide business insights
- Derive data driven insights in close partnership with Finance, Operations, Commercial, and Data Science teams to expose opportunities for revenue and cost optimization with resource allocation
- Leverage visualization tools and frameworks including Power Bi to perform interactive data exploration that help businesses and senior leaders understand impact of identified opportunities
- Build process and training documentation standards for dashboards
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the interns experience level and abilities
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills with attention to detail
- Desire to teach other analysts about business intelligence and visualization of data techniques and technologies in area of expertise
- Familiarity with dashboarding tools including Power Bi a plus
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited degree in a major that supports the business intelligence discipline
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.