This position is posted from an outside job board or employer website for the convenience of Yale students. Please note this position was not posted directly at Yale by the employer, and therefore the employer has not reviewed or agreed to any of Yale’s recruiting policies: https://ocs.yale.edu/ocs-policies/. The University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The University makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. The University is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting opportunities.
When you are a part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
We are looking for a Digital Paid Advertising Intern to join our Divisional Marketing team in the Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD). This role will assist our Paid Marketing Manager in researching, developing, and helping to optimize global innovative digital advertising strategies for multiple business units. You will partner with the Paid Marketing Manager to better understand how to work with dedicated agencies, market development teams, digital deployment teams, and marketing planning teams when delivering high-performing digital advertising projects on time and on a budget.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT?
We are looking for a paid advertising intern to join us and assist in supporting the day-to-day optimization of advertising campaigns as well as being trained by our digital marketing production team on the management and deployment of these campaigns. The work will focus on strategy development, paid search, paid social and display advertising, and will also include other channels (e.g. programmatic, IP targeting, third party advertisement, etc.) and website merchandising.
- Work closely with the Digital Paid Advertising Manager to understand how to execute, strategize and optimize digital advertising programs via search engine marketing, social media, display, IP targeting, programmatic and other channels
- Collaborate with our analytics team to compile data for weekly and monthly reporting requirements, both divisional and BU
- Assist in developing a strategy for and building social media, paid search, display ads, retargeting, and intent
- Support team in creation, refinement, and documentation of processes and methodologies
- Guide and support regional teams to design testing and learning agendas for ongoing digital advertising optimization
- Research and update team on new trends and bringing recommendations forward for consideration
HOW WILL YOU GET HERE?
- Currently enrolled college Junior or Senior in communication studies, marketing, or digital advertising
- Experience with Google Ads, LinkedIn Campaign Manager, Twitter Ads & Facebook Ads Manager preferred
- Proficiency with Excel preferred
- Knowledge of SEM/PPC programs and use cases preferred
- Possess excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Comfortable juggling multiple concurrent projects with tight turn times
- Self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Shown ability to build relationships and work independently
- Excellent project management skills, with an understanding of digital marketing and marketing technologies
- Experience with Adobe Analytics is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER RELOCATION BENEFITS.