When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.]
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 70,000 employees the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. The customers we serve fall within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Environmental Health and Safety Internship position provides an opportunity for chemical engineering students to get hands on experience working in a fast-paced chemical production environment.
The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August.
- Learn about the various elements of Process Safety Management.
- Develop an equipment list for each covered process and gather/update the equipment information for Bridgewater and Fairlawn sites.
- Gather and update site specific process safety information (PSI) for covered processes.
- Update electronic file of block flow diagrams, Process Flow Drawings (PFD’s) and Piping and Instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Support the revision and development of new Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
- Participate in risk assessment activities, incident investigations and assist with the closure of findings from these activities.
- Learn about the various state and federal regulations that apply to chemical manufacturing sites.
- Review current processes and production steps and provide feedback as necessary.
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical strongly preferred but not required)
- Process Safety, Design or Engineering courses
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.