SUMMARY OF INTERNSHIP
The Manufacturing Engineering Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing a chemical engineering or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with operations, and engineering teams in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Engineering intern will contribute to the Operations Support team to provide engineering project assistance, troubleshooting efforts, and continuous improvement activities in the manufacturing of chromatography resins.
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards
- Proactively identify areas for opportunity and drive efficient results
- Adhere to ISO 13485 guidelines and the Thermo Fisher Scientific quality policy
- Provide engineering support for process improvement and troubleshooting projects
- Run bench scale chemistry to support risk mitigation projects
- Run analytical assays and assist in the collection and analysis of test data
- Assist in equipment install and validation, as well as writing documentation such as SOPs, UOPs, IQ/OQs and validations
- Use highly specialized equipment and instrumentation in daily manufacturing
- Responsible for completion of all tasks assigned daily
- A student currently enrolled in classes leading to an undergrad degree in Chemical Engineering or like engineering field
- General chemistry or greater science knowledge preferred
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.